2014-04-07

Can We Escape Social Conditioning?

"The single most important quality needed to resist evil is moral autonomy. Moral autonomy is possible only through reflection, self-determination and the courage not to cooperate." Immanuel Kant (1724-1804) German philosopher

Vatic Note:   This is an appropriate subject right after we took a look at that mental health bill that has been turned into a practical reality for us, which makes creativity and criticism into a mental illness.  I remember studying history and learned about Hitler using mental illness as a weapon against dissidents and threw them in the hooscow (mental health institutions) to be "re-educated".  When that didn't work, which it seldom does on creative people, he then threw them in prison, and finally just shot them.

So this below is an important discussion.  Its a solution to the dilemma we have before us.  Do we repress who we are, lose the ability to travel that journey of discovery as this man below did, and then make choices as to how we will deal with it, like he did?  He spent his entire life living "HIS LIFE" and not the one chosen for him by the Powers that be.

I have to admit that I too have a story to tell someday about my two lives and the differences between them and how I am now doing what I consider my mission and purpose in life, rather than stressing out over money and possessions that resulted in a serious heart attack. I am lucky to have recovered from it so I could continue my journey of discovery and complete my mission here on this earth.  I have had exposure to many different cultures, religions, and people, that have enhanced the quality of my life as nothing else could have done.

I can't imagine what a loss it would have been had I continued on after the heart attack, doing what I was doing, but I knew if I did, it was a death sentence for me, in more ways than just physical.   Sometime I will  tell you my whole story as it may trigger something in you for you to use in the future.  But I do believe they are attacking us where they fear us the most.   CONTROL.... and the only way out of it, is out of their system.  

Can We Escape Social Conditioning?
http://henrymakow.com/2014/04/Can-We-Escape-Social-Conditioning.html#sthash.1JOLA8VT.dpuf
by Peter Offerman,  Henry Makow, 

April 2, 2014
 

offerman.jpg
(left, Peter Offerman dropped out of school at age 14 and worked as a forest lookout.)

There is no collective salvation, Peter Offerman suggests. 
Individuals can find liberation only by detaching from the herd.

"Building friendships takes time and effort and becoming  your own friend is no exception. Most of us never get the opportunity to do this."    (VN: Let me say from personal experience, that this statement is so true.   I had never learned or experienced who I really was, and found out after losing so much, that I had my best friend inside of me.  What a gift that was. )

At 68, I am getting on in years. I have lived a full life and have had the time to reflect. My life has been exceptional because social conditioning did not incapacitate me nearly as much as most people.

The most destructive conditioning takes place in our schools, during our formative years when we are most vulnerable.  I quit school in Grade Nine at age 14. I felt I was being made dumber instead of smarter. My parent's response was, "if you don't go to school we will not support you." I left home then and took responsibility for my own life.


I first spent a few years hoboing around Canada taking whatever work I could find whenever I needed it. No job was too menial or too challenging to accept.

At 17, I took on a job that turned my life around and led to my shedding my conditioning.

forestranger.jpgThis job was as a fire lookout man with the British Columbia Forest Service. 

I worked and lived on remote mountain tops by myself for four months each year. 

Spending that much time completely alone, especially during my youth had a profound effect on my perceptions about life as a human being and how I fit into society....

Substantial time on the lookout, without peer pressure, made me realize how confining trying to fit into the crowd is. Most people don't even sense this pressure because it's all they know. It's like the air we breathe. It's just there until it isn't, then we die; unless we are prepared for an airless environment.

Most people also don't realize how much of their time and energy it takes to be 'social'. However being removed from 'socializing' is enormously stressful if it is all you know.
Many aspiring lookout men needed to come down off the mountains prematurely because they could not stand being alone. Those that adjusted to the isolation came to treasure the freedom of having just their own company. The amount of time that becomes available for other more worthwhile pursuits is substantial.

Building friendships takes time and effort and becoming your own friend is no exception. Most of us never get the opportunity to do this.

Our controllers understand that people who are not comfortable with themselves are much easier to control because they are lonely and seek comfort and friendship outside themselves.

Virtually every sales campaign is designed to sell you a bill of goods by convincing you that their product is going to become your best friend.

While we are thrust into the middle of intense relationships, the rest of the world passes us by unnoticed. We see the trees, but are oblivious of the forest.

On a lookout, becoming focused on each tree individually is not productive and makes it impossible to see the whole picture. A good lookout man scans vast vistas without focusing on anything in particular. Taking this approach to finding required data points, such as suspicious smoke, allows our intuition to come to our aid. It always amazes me how glaringly anomalies stand out when using this method.


It works just as well in any other environment, including researching on the internet. When surrounded by questionable 'news/propaganda' the fires stick out much more obviously when we also are aware of the apparently unrelated surrounding information that is part of webscape.

The 'trees' of propaganda do not distract us from seeing the whole situation. If there's no smoke, there probably isn't a fire. Our intuition can see the difference even though we logically can't. Following our intuition instead of remaining focused on the propaganda leads us to the information that will then allow us to make sense of the situation.

CURRENTLY

I live in Ocean Falls, BC, a community of about 50 people on the ocean 500 kilometers north of Vancouver. I am currently attempting to create a lifestyle that my morality can justify, and disempower the Money Power that enslaves all of humanity, without resorting to violence.  Psychological and financial wars are actually more critical components of the control structure.

My main priority was to stop contributing to the war machine. We all contribute to this cause by providing our labour; by purchasing goods from the Money Power, by paying income and consumption taxes to fund the control system.

I finally realized that every single thing in my life that I could make non-essential lightened my burden and also improved the quality of my life because I could work less and have more time to enjoy my life.  I currently own my home but it costs me virtually nothing. I have no mortgage, no insurance, and my property taxes average around $100 a year. I have beach front property on the ocean in a spectacular and comfortable setting.

Overall my current cost of living is about $350 a month which includes property taxes, food, transportation and all other services allowing me to live very comfortably while remaining in touch somewhat with the rest of the world. I could easily cut this contribution to the WM in half while still maintaining my current lifestyle but my intent is to reduce my contribution to $0. It is not easy to achieve zero and my current state is a necessary stepping stone to getting there. -


See more at: http://henrymakow.com/2014/04/Can-We-Escape-Social-Conditioning.html#sthash.1JOLA8VT.4igFpbnS.dpuf



The article is reproduced in accordance with Section 107 of title 17 of the Copyright Law of the United States relating to fair-use and is for the purposes of criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research.

No comments: