2011-12-08

Oh, how they mess with us

Bruecke Note: When the coincidences stack up, at what point do we see planning and active conspiracy?

I will be the first to admit that I have re-posted lots of articles on this and other blogs that I didn't believe. This does not mean that it didn't contain truth. What it does mean is that I was not convinced of its complete validity as spelled out by the article in question to compel me to totally change my belief system. At the same time, though, I felt it important enough not to be a bottleneck and to pass on to others so that each of us could make up our own mind and perhaps through time and persistence in theme come to our own out-of-the-box understanding.

One such theme was the extent of govt infiltration in media and the social networks on the internet, and more especially with this blog. When the Vatic Master communicated with me (many times) about the trouble she was having posting and the meddling done to her very keystrokes on her computer, I was simpathetic to her plight, albeit with grains of salt that she is a computer ludite whose lack of understanding would make her easy prey to a meddling infiltrator.

What about cyber-messing with me? I am an old-hand at not tolerating misbehaving computer applications and operating systems. I avoid Microsoft products and file formats when given a choice. Patterns, however, persist.

Here's a good example that is somewhat key. About a year ago, I switched from Comcast using a self-bought cheap WAN/LAN router to Qwest (now CenturyLink), whereby I purchased the WAN/LAN router they recommended with all of its great features. The downside became that I could never connect to the internet if I enabled any of the the router's firewall features (like disabling gaming ports and other things I do not want to use for my entire home network.) In the course of numerous calls to technical support going all the way to experts in India, their back-handed apology for this new device not working as advertized was that I should use the Windows firewall to protect my (multiple) computers. To my understanding, the end result is that the back-door to my router has a permanent foot propping it open.

The router gets messed with regularly. According to its LED's, the internet connection goes down or DSL goes down. Sometimes it comes back on its own. Sometimes it doesn't without me rebooting the router. A couple of days ago in the early early morning, several reboots didn't ever get me the internet LED.

My DVD drive trays are becoming a bit flaky in terms of opening via tried-and-true software or push-button. At some point during the watching of a Netflix movie, it'll start acting like the DVD was scratched. I'll kill the application, restart it, and use scene selection to go beyond the error. Today, I had to do that three times. I made more progress in my movie after I unplugged my ethernet cable.

Not wanting to waste power, I like to use StandBy mode when I'm done with the computer for awhile. I'm surprised that it can take three or more attempts through either Windows Shutdown or my keyboard's "sleep" button to finally get the computer to truly go into standby with the fan's turning off and spinning down.

The above is just boring tedium, but display data points to the trend line and fit the pattern.

Specific to this blog, it is always curious to me when scheduled postings flip being "Scheduled" to "Draft" without our doing.  From now on, I will use that as a "discover me" flag into postings "they" don't want you to see.

The following articles will appear in the coming days on this blog, because I've toggled them back from "Draft" to "Scheduled." But maybe to let the cat out of the bag and stifle more involutary toggling, I'm posting the source links here so that you can read them now and come to your own conclusions on their merit of being discovered.



US set to use army to put down protests 2011-12-10
The Doomsday Project and Deep Events: JFK, Watergate, Iran-Contra, and 9/11 2011-12-11
Digital DNA the new DNA 2011-12-12
Four Horsemen on the Ropes 2011-12-13

No comments: